The PIC induction cooker as seen on TV is 1300 watts, this Nuwave PRO SERIES is 1800 watts and it's not sold on TV or in retail stores. Save $50 on this hard to find exclusive induction cooker, and Shipping is Free to the lower 48.
|Induction cooking utilizes magnetic-based technology to excite the molecules within the metal contained in compatible ferrous (meaning magnetic) cookware. This creates a magnetic circuit where the cookware itself then heats because of the molecule excitement. This process enables rapid heating times with cookware heating evenly in 45 seconds and water boiling in 90 seconds.
Enjoy hot beverages or soups faster than previously thought imaginable without the limitations of using a microwave. Induction cooking is more energy efficient because it reduces heat from diverting to the general cooking area and it creates a safer cooking experience because there are no open flames or exterior heated coils.
Induction technology is safer, faster and is one of the most efficient methods of meal preparation. The NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop will replace your gas or electric range for many reasons: the savings on your energy bill, the safety and security, the perfect results of your dishes and more! This versatile countertop appliance is also easy to clean - food never burns or sticks. Program cooking times and temperatures from "Warm" to "Sear," allowing you to prepare almost any food to perfection in a fraction of the time. With automatic shutoff and other important safety features, the NuWave "PIC" reduces the risk of kitchen fire and is perfectly safe for use around children and animals. Why You'll Love NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop... 100 Temperature Settings Heats up 2x as Fast. 1800w at highest temperature setting Easy to Clean Uses up to 70% Less Energy Safer Than Any Cooktop Lightweight & Portable Exact Temperature Control NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop Includes: NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop Instructional DVD Complete Cookbook Quick-Start Guide Fact Sheet
- The PIC PRO has 6 different pre-programmed temperature settings, but has the flexibility to cook at 52 different temperatures between 100°F and 575°F, adjustable in 10-degree increments.
- The PIC PRO is equipped with programmable stage cooking functionality with up to 100 hours of program memory and performance.
- Versatility to boil, simmer, deep-fry, stir-fry, saute, steam and sear, slow cook, barbecue, melt and grill.
- Uses up to 70% less energy than conventional gas or electric ranges. Lightweight and portable.
- The PIC PRO boasts state-of-the-art safety features such as automatic shut-off when an induction-ready pan, (pan sold separately) is removed from base.
||14.4 x 15.9 x 6.3 inches
|Item model number
||NuWave PIC PRO
- NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop 2 VS. Competitors
- Since the introduction of the revolutionary NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop PRO to the housewares marketplace, prospective vendors have repeatedly asked what sets the PIC PRO apart from the competition and the 1300w NuWave Induction Cooker As Seen on TV. There are a number of countertop induction cookers available, however the PIC PRO gives consumers portable, precise temperature control with the press of a button, with user-friendly features that save time and money for busy individuals and families. The round design makes cleaning easier and the noise created when cooking is reduced by 50% compared to other induction cooktops. Careful thought has been put into the NuWave PIC PRO with the intent of making it more efficient, versatile, safe, and enjoyable.
- Healthier Cooking
- a. Precise Temperature
- Cooking with the NuWave PIC PRO affords savvy, health-conscious consumers the opportunity to control their diets and participate in eating trends in ways that were previously unthinkable. The appliance has been found to have mass appeal to general audiences as well as niche consumer groups such as raw food enthusiasts. The PIC PRO's claim to promote a healthier diet is backed by scientific data produced in a study conducted by Northland Laboratories. In a controlled test, oil samples were collected subsequent to cooking with conventional gas and electric stovetop's as well as the NuWave PIC PRO
- b. Better Tasting Food That's Better For You
- The ability to achieve and maintain a consistent temperature helps to retain the nutritional value of foods while cooking them to perfection. In this way, foods are not only healthier, but more flavorful as well. Here are a few examples of common foods that are traditionally tricky to prepare accurately with conventional gas and electric cooking methods. Each food is listed with its optimal temperature in parentheses:
|Olive Oil (350F)
||Pork Chops (275°F)
||Root Vegetables (185°F)
||Beef Stew (375°F)
||Hard Boil Egg (275°F)
||Chicken (250°F) (in order to reach 165°F internally)
|Cheese Fondue (185°F)
||Green Vegetables (275°F);
- a. Reduced Sound Emissions
- Consumers are welcome to take prepared foods with them to the table, utilizing the PIC PRO to keep meals fresh while families and guests enjoy conversation. However the last thing these consumers want to deal with are the distracting fan noises produced by competitor induction cooktops. The engineering team behind the NuWave PIC PRO has designed the unit to produce 50 percent less sound emissions than emanate from other cooktops. Once cooking is complete, the appliance's fan shuts off immediately so those enjoying a meal can hear each other - not their appliance.
- b. Space-Saving Round Design
- The PIC PRO's round design echoes the traditional feel of an intimate gathering place like the kitchen or dining room table. It invites people to gather during the cooking process, whether simmering a comforting soup or preparing a festive fondue. Mealtime is about community and the PIC PRO was designed with that inviting idea in mind.
- c. Expansive Temperature Range
- Another convenience offered by the PIC PRO is a wider temperature range than other brands on the market. While most competitor models boast a temperature range between 140°F - 420°F, the NuWave PIC PRO permits much greater flexibility. With a minimum temperature setting of 100°F and an upper limit of 575°F, the PIC PRO offers a wider temperature range that permits the appliance to act as more than just a cooktop. The PIC PRO also works very well as a banquet/catering warming station among other functions. Consumers who enjoy the taste of grilled food that historically required the use of an outdoor gas or charcoal grill will find the NuWave PIC PRO especially appealing. Health Craft offers full-body induction construction pans that turns any room in the house, or even the dining room table, into a food prep station. As mentioned above, competitor induction cooktops are unable to achieve and maintain the optimal temperature (460°) for grilling favorite staples such as steaks, burgers and hot dogs. With the PIC PRO's ability to climb as high as 575°F and hold that temperature consistently, the unit is tailor made for year-round, all-weather barbecue festivities.
- d. 52 Temperature Settings
- Within the expansive temperature 100°F ~ 575°F, adjustments can be made in 5-degree increments for a total of 100 temperature settings. An large, easy-to-read, user-friendly LED display panel offers consumers universal "+" and "-" keys for simple temperature manipulation. There are also six preset temperature settings that will satisfy most basic cooking demands
- e. Cooking Time and Program Memory
- The NuWave PIC PRO offers state-of-the art programming technology with 100 hours of memory that will allow you to easily execute the most advanced cooking procedures. Compare this with competitor models that offer only 2 hours of cooking capability and no temperature regulation at the maximum setting.
- f. Stage Cooking
- Different functions or "stages" including varying cooking times and temperatures can be programed, no matter how complex. By way of example, here are two different dishes that benefit greatly from the stage cooking features of the NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop:
i. Short ribs - To prepare the perfect ribs, the meat is seared on High before the temperature is adjusted to cook at 225° F for two hours. Finally the ribs are cooked at 375° for the final 30 minutes. This historically complicated process is rendered simple with the advanced functionality of the PIC2.
ii. Chocolate - Premium dipping chocolate is melted at 140°F for 8 minutes. The PIC PRO may then hold it for hours at a steady 100°.
- g. Delay Cooking
- A "Delay" function permits consumers to commence the cooking process at a time most convenient for them - even if they will be away from home. The PIC PRO does the thinking for consumers.
- Money Savings
- Induction cooktops and ranges can cost many thousands of dollars, however we offer a state-ofthe-art product at a price most families and individuals can afford. The NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop's low price point is one of its greatest consumer assets. But there's so much more.
- a. Cooking Oil Conservation
- In today's challenging economic climate and considering the rising cost of food staples, every penny counts. The NuWave PIC PRO is able to help consumers maximize their grocery budgets. Due to the unit's precise temperature control, the oil used to prepare and fry foods, as just one example, may be continuously recycled. This reduces the frequency with which consumers must replenish their stores. Hearthware, Inc. has conduced internal tests to verify the veracity of this marketing point. Over 100 pieces of fried chicken were prepared with the exact same cooking oil on the NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop. At the conclusion of the frying, the oil remained relatively clear and could have been used to prepare additional chicken pieces.
- b. Product Longevity
- The NuWave PIC PRO is built to last, reducing consumers' need to replace appliances, as is often the case with lower-quality competitor models. We engineer the unit to meet an average lifespan of 13 to 15 years, and this data is backed by internal testing. 100 individual units were simultaneously monitored and achieved this longevity threshold.
- One of the most attractive features of induction cooking is its promotion of household safety when compared with traditional gas or electric cooking methods.
- a. Shatter-Resistant Surface
- From the internal mechanisms to the exterior, the PIC PRO is designed for security and consumer peace of mind. The ceramic glass surface of the NuWave Precision Induction Cooktop is as sleek as it is durable. Engineering trials including a heat shock test at 760°F produced no breakage after 10 hours of cooking. Rapid cooling tests produced the same results. The NuWave PIC PRO holds several patents pending, including one for its cutting edge ventilation system. Other induction cooktops are manufactured with inferior components that increase the risk of breakage or user injury.
- b. Reduces the Risk of Household Fire
- Our products are engineered for security and peace of mind. The regular use of the PIC PRO renders the risk of a kitchen fire virtually impossible. The NuWave PIC PRO facilitates the preparation of perfect foods without the hazards associated with open flames and hot coils. Extreme testing has shown that even a paper or cotton towel placed atop the surface of the NuWave PIC PRO will not catch fire. The PIC PRO is built with redundant engineering features to further promote safety, including an automatic shutoff feature that makes the unit that much more desirable in homes where pets, children and elderly individuals reside.
- c. Statistically Insignificant Component Failure Rate
- Household safety is very important at Hearthware. This is reflected in the quality of every component that goes into assembling a NuWave PIC PR. The product boasts a 1 in 1,000 trillion rate for component malfunctions that could lead to a home fire hazard.